The Shared Living program with BCL offers the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
BCL works with families and individuals who are interested in serving as Shared Living or Respite Shared Living Providers for our Shared Living Program. Each Provider gives residential support to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities, welcoming individuals into their homes, and helping to enhance their daily living skills and fulfill their goals.
Shared Living Providers share their home, social and family life, assist with daily hygiene and routines, social and community activities, transportation, and assist with medical appointments. Shared Living Providers are Independent Contractors through BCL, and receive a monthly stipend, which is tax-free as allowable by applicable laws. The current annual stipends range from $27,780 to $30,095. BCL provides program oversight, support and training to each Provider and the individuals they support.
Some of the requirements to participate in this program as a Shared Living Provider include:
- Provide a safe and caring home, with a spare bedroom
- Participation in the Shared Living Provider training
- A current driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience related to working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Pass background checks including CORI, driving and a drug screening
For more information, please contact Program Director, Tenina Ramos at (508) 287-0120 or firstname.lastname@example.org